The checklist below is a list of questions that you need to consider
the answers to when moving house with your Bunny (ies).
This is a list that I'm using (and adding to) in the build up to
our house move!
1. Do you want the bunnies in the old house when people are viewing?
2 . What bunny nibbles need fixing around the house?
1. What is the travel distance between old and new house?
2. What will you do with the bunnies on the day of the move?
3. Have plenty of “Clean Up” material handy for territory
4. Make sure that there is plenty of hay and fresh water available.
5. Watch for signs of stress e.g. 2nd pair of eyelids appearing,
6. If you need to move into temporary accommodation between houses
will they take pets?
7. Pack your vacuum cleaner last! Those bunny marbles can fly under
a lot of furniture/appliances
8. Change the address on the Pet Insurance policy
9. Tell your old vet you are moving
10. What vehicle are you moving the Bunnies in?
1. Where will the cage go in the new house? Draught free and no
major temperature changes.
2. Where can the bunnies roam ?
3. Are there any new areas/rooms where you'll need a baby gate?
4. Where is your nearest bunny boarder?
5. Where is your nearest good rabbit vet?
6. Where is the nearest good pet shop?
7. If you are moving into an apartment complex will they take pets?
8. Do your new neighbours have any big pets?
9. Is the garden fully enclosed? Don't forget to secure along the
bottom of the fencing to prevent them digging out from underneath
10. Are carpets etc already fitted when you move in or any other
major work planned soon after you move in? It may be worth keeping
the bunnies with a Boarder for an extra day or two whilst the work
is being finished!